Monday, June 25, 2012

Discount and great Opteka GLD-200 23" Camera Track Slider

We generally feel confused to choose when facing with countless DSLR steadicams available on the market and on the internet. The one that fits you would be the finest. This Opteka Camera Track Slider is nice considering different hands. Not simply the price is acceptable, but in addition it runs well.

 The Opteka GLD-200 Camera Slider is designed to give you the capacity to make Hollywood-quality production shots without over-extending your spending budget. Featuring heavy-duty anodized aluminum construction, self-lubricating glide rails, spirit level & tension adjustment, the GLD-200 Slider gives you the best value for your dollar.

 Regardless of the cheap price tag and the fact that I've never heard of this company, I decided to give it a chance anyway because I would save so much money over buying a glide track. Currently mounted on my manfrotto 055xprob and 498rc2 and it's solid. I just used some 3 in 1 oil (just a tiny bit) and it made the track smooth and quiet. I don't use the feet much because this is mostly mounted on my tripod 95% of the time. 5 stars from me because of the fantastic value point and ease of use

 The GLD-200 Slider can be attached directly to a tripod and may also be used standalone with the included feet, which raises your camera setup approximately 2" off the ground. 23.6" (60cm) Long Track Sets up in minutes, Self-lubricating rails Tension adjustment/locking knob Spirit Level Use on a tripod or on a flat surface with included feet Creates Hollywood-quality production shots, Anodized aluminum construction Specifications Track Length: 23.6" (60cm), Materials: Anodized Aluminum ,Compatible Thread Sizes: 1/4" and 3/8", Tripod Compatible: Yes , Swivel/Pan Head Compatible: Yes, Spirit Level: Yes, Dimensions (LxWxH): 23.6" x 3.5" x 2.7" (60cm x 9cm x 7cm), Weight: 1.9 lbs (862g) What's in the Box: 23" Camera Sliding Rails , Camera Mount Platform Feet X 2 Hex Screws X 4 1/4" to 3/8" Thread Adapter Allen Key Product Guide.

I'm very pleased with this item, great out of the box and works very effectively. A little tight at the beginning but it gets smoother with use. Just what I expected and the test shots look really nicely. I recommend it to anyone looking for a cheap alternative, but this is build very nicely for the price.

I shoot with a canon 60d and it works perfectly on this slider, with a manfrotto 516 fluid head and manfrotto sticks. This slider is awesome. For the value it can't be beat. Sure there are better more expensive sliders, like the konova, but this slider can have the same results.

The 23in version is longer than my tripod can support with out shifting, so the longer slider would have been a waste. Sure It had a few nicks, which I had to sand smooth and I had to lube it up, but once you get it dialed in your good.

No comments:

Post a Comment