Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Comparison of several mid-market steadicams (steadycams)



Lately I purchased my new camera, and as I strategy to shoot my own movies, I have to have an expert gear named Steadicam. With tiny information of it, I read loads of various Steadicam merchandise on the web. I desire to acquire 1 with extensive efficiency plus a moderate value.

I primarily researched Glidecam X-10, Steadicam Pilot, Flycam Pro 6000, Steadicam Phantom and Wondlan Leopard II Series.



I identified most of them are made of aluminum alloy, and some are also produced of carbon fiber, that is lighter and stronger, most vests are light weight, and much more arms are iso-elastic arms, most sleds are adjustable, and so on. But you'll find some significant differences, essentially the most obvious and critical a single seems to be the load capacity, which varies lots among unique items, from 2 lbs to as high as 33 lbs. As my camera is about eight lbs, I can't pick factors like Wondlan Leopard II Deluxe (about 13 to 33lbs), and Flycam 6000 is as heavy as 27kg and its balance is stated to be difficult to adjust, lastly my scope is limited to Steadicam Pilot (2-10lbs), Wondlan Leopard II Common (about 2- 17lbs) and Glidecam X-10, with similar rates and load capacities. Here will be the comparison table of the 3 products, with some of the information and facts missed:



Glidecam X-10 with Glidecam 4000 Pro Steadicam Pilot Wondlan Leopard II (typical)

Construction Aluminum alloy high-carbon alloy Aluminum alloy high-carbon alloy Aluminum alloy high-carbon alloy

Load capacity 4 to ten lbs 2 to ten lbs 2 to 17 lbs

Weight 8.5kg 10kg 11kg

Vest Lightweight Lightweight Lightweight

Arm Dyna-Elastic? Help Arm Iso-elastic Arm Dual Iso-elastic Arm

Sled Adjustable Adjustable Adjustable

Swift Release Yes No Yes

Dovetail Plate Yes No Yes

Docking Bracket Yes Yes Yes

Gimbal low friction low friction low friction

Dynamic Spin Yes Yes Yes

Post Telescoping Telescoping Telescoping

Other Included accessories None Battery Base, 5.8'' LCD Docking stand, battery base

Price $2,898.00 $3,995.00 $2344





From the table we can see Steadicam Pilot has the highest cost, Wondlan Leopard II (standard) has the biggest load capacity. I have not decided which to get, but I hope this table can give some reference for all those to purchase Steadicam.

No comments:

Post a Comment